Associate Land Surveyor
Posted on: March 1, 2019
The Associate Land Surveyor will work hand in hand with Survey Field Crews and by taking the information collected in the field to draft of various Topographic Surveys, Boundary Surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys, Easement and Boundary Plats according to Company and Project Specific Municipality Standards. Associate Land Surveyors also prepare and create full Civil3D Drawings beginning from field data points, generate surfaces and contours, calculate boundary lines from record maps and Grant Deed descriptions. Associate Land Surveyors play a key role in delivering maps and documents necessary to memorialize land ownership and land use.
What You'll Do
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform topographic, property, geodetic, and construction surveys
- Prepare the points for CAD Designers and Technicians
- Review, perform, and create exhibits for right-of-way and facility boundary retracement surveys, including encroachment and right-of-way marking surveys
- Research government agency, state, county, or city records for information concerning surveys
- Inspect and verify survey deliverables for accuracy and correctness
- Perform complex computations and analysis using technical software, Trimble Business Center, etc.
- Coordinate and support the collections of field survey data for various projects
- Check and review Records of Survey, Boundary Line adjustments, Partition Plats, and other official documents in accordance with organizational standards, to be recorded at various federal, state and county government offices
- Complete associated documentation and archiving, such as control and alignment reports
- Works with other disciplines across offices to perform design and construction tasks
- Maintain land survey databases and validate data quality of information entered
- Assist with process improvement efforts and associated administrative tasks
- Perform internal land survey and real property records research, and coordinate with the public and other government agencies regarding requests for information
- Assist in training Survey Designers with AutoCAD and QK standards for drafting projects
- Other duties as assigned or as needed in order to successfully complete project deliverables or meet internal goals
Who We Need
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of professional surveying practices and procedures; state and federal laws affecting land surveying and boundaries is required.
- Familiar with the operation and maintenance of Trimble total stations, GPS equipment, and electronic levels and other various measuring instruments is required.
- Familiar with state plane coordinates, horizontal & vertical datums, network adjustments (least squares), and geodetic & GNSS surveying is required.
- Familiar with electronic data collection systems and processes is required; must be able to download and process data files, perform complex survey computations using various software packages (i.e., Trimble Business Center, OPUS, NGS tools, Microsoft Office)
- Ability to understand scopes of work, schedules, and technical specifications for complex surveying projects
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans, specifications, plats, maps and other related documents
- Ability to work well with others as a team member, and alone
- Ability to communicate well with other staff to accomplish team goals
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Ability to perform repetitive wrist and hand motions required
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Drive to be helpful to internal team members and external clients
- Ability to create strong relationships, including one of a mentor/prot--g-- capacity
- Proven ability to successfully work against a deadline and within constrained budgets
- Ability to motivate others
- Strong critical thinking skills that allow for collaborative innovation in problem solving and project planning
- Ability to teach junior staff both agency and company standards
- Ability to drive one's own career path, develop relationships with mentors, and seek opportunities for growth
- Able to remain flexible with the ever-changing workload, working conditions and project/agency requirements
- Natural ability to expand skills and knowledge through company training resources and independent direction
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or related field
- LSIT required
- One (1) year practical experience in the survey field
- Demonstrated experience in and expert knowledge of laws affecting land surveying and boundaries is preferred.
Keywords: QK, Visalia , Associate Land Surveyor, Professions , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!