Scheduler/Planner, Production I
Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: February 14, 2019
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging-Visalia manufactures and distributes paper cups and plastic lids for the food service industry and is currently recruiting for the following position:
Graphic Packaging-Visalia manufactures and distributes paper cups and plastic lids for the food service industry and is currently recruiting for the following position
Position: Scheduler/Planner, Production I
Shift: 1st Shift
The Scheduler/Planner is responsible for planning and establishing production schedules for all assigned machines at the Visalia facility. Production schedules must be in accordance with sales forecast, lead times, production capacity, and customer demand. The Scheduler/Planner monitors inventory levels at all times to make sure production materials are available at any point in time. Once the Production Schedule is created, it is monitored throughout the process to make sure orders are delivered on time to the customers. The Scheduler/Planner ensures all customer needs and proper inventory levels are maintained by working closely with the Production, Distribution, Customer Service, Coated Paperboard, and Outside Vendors.
Knowledge and Experience:
* Knowledge of manufacturing process required
* Must have experience with planning/scheduling
* Experience with Master Production Schedule preferred
* Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Organizational and problem solving skills required
* Must possess good interpersonal skills to be able to get along well with others (cohesion) while effectively handling internal pressures
* Ability to give direction and interact with Plant Leadership individually and group settings
* Must have excellent time management abilities
* Must understand and provide basics of customer care
* Must be willing to work as part of a team or lead a team when called upon
* Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks requiring flexibility, also the ability to prioritize and complete all duties
* Must be computer literate in excel, word processing programs, and email
* Logistics planning software experience preferred
* Supply chain management experience or any related discipline preferred
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee\'s or applicant\'s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Visalia , Scheduler/Planner, Production I, Professions , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!