Company: Western Milling
Posted on: February 9, 2019
This in an entry-level position responsible for material movement. This position is also responsible for ensuring material flow of product meets organizational requirements. Strict compliance with the facility Food Safety and Quality Management System Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions is required.
- Move materials as instructed by manager/supervisor. Typically performed by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, motorized conveyors or other material handling equipment.
- Unload trucks according to established safety and operating procedures.
- Load/Unload trucks and moving material from location to location by carrying, pushing, rolling contents or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other material handling equipment.
- Adhere to material protection standards throughout the material's lifespan.
- Distribute received shipments by delivering materials to requestor.
- Process paperwork to record transaction.
- Assist with inventory record maintenance by weighing materials, measuring materials, and creating and attaching identifying equipment tags.
- Promptly reports any operational problems or safety issues with machinery, tools or equipment to Lead or Supervisor.
- Use mobile bar code scanner device to process material movements.
- Support entire team in achieving objectives.
- Use standard computer software to facilitate document handling.
- Responsible for housekeeping of the plant area (e.g. sweeping the floor, removing trash, cleaning the machine at the end of the shift, preparing for next shift's production, and finalizing any paperwork in an accurate, clear, and concise manner).
- Report any food safety issue observed to manager/supervisor.
- Report any security breaches, attempts at product tampering or contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to manager/supervisor.
- Complete and comply with the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), Daily Routine List (DRL), HACCP procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Compliance.
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all times.
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Escalate any non-conforming product/equipment/material to the appropriate manager/supervisor immediately.
- Follow Company's quality assurance procedures and protocols at all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory Control, PM programs).
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team members is valued and encouraged.
- Provide back-up support for other roles as necessary.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in a similar environment with similar equipment.
- Forklift certification.
- Knowledge relation to serial/batch numbers relating to material handling requirements.
Keywords: Western Milling, Visalia , Material Handler, Professions , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!