Superintendent - Structures (Heavy Civil Construction)
Posted on: March 10, 2023
To perform the job successfully, the ideal candidate must be
- Supervise assigned project work and liase between field
engineering, estimating, and workforce to ensure compliance with
overall project tasks.
- Plans work methods, materials, equipment needs and work
schedules for assigned project work.
- Reviews and understands project specifications to support job
- Works with crews, field engineers and local utility companies
to identify hazardous areas on job sites.
- Presents production work plans during project meetings to
ensure all project crews and leaders are in alignment.
- Coordinates with internal equipment team and external vendors
to ensure that project work is equipped with appropriate equipment
and material quantities to complete production within assigned
budget and schedules.
- Forecasts work schedules to identify possible issues and
provides technical or scheduling recommendations to mitigate
- Provides technical input to identify and resolve project risks
including construction methods, work plans and material
requirements, worksite safety and documentation requirements.
Includes recommending training needs identified on jobsite.
- Supervises sub-contractor production and workforce regarding
assigned project work.
- Recommends work schedule or work method adjustments regarding
sub-contractor activities, as needed.
- Coordinates project close-out activities in line with Company
Standards and Owner checklist requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plans.
- Performs additional assignments per Management's direction.
Supervisory Responsibility Carries out Supervisory Responsibility
in accordance with the Organization's policies and applicable laws.
May include, but not limited to, approving timecards and hours,
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints
and resolving issues. Qualifications
- Education and or Experience
- 8+ Years of Heavy Civil Construction experience required
- 5+ Years of supervisory experience in construction management
- Experience in structures, bridges, roads, viaducts, etc.
- Bachelors Degree a Plus
- Certifications and/or Licensing Requirements
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) Certification Preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- Strong Written/Verbal and Presentation Communication Skills
- Strong Leadership Capability with Internal Drive to Mentor and
Grow Internal Talent
- Advance Knowledge of Construction Site Equipment Operation and
- Advance Knowledge of Safety Protocols and Proven Ability to
Enforce Project Safety Programs in a Construction Environment
- Ability to Read, Analyze, and Interpret Standards and Contract
specific Plans and Specifications
- Ability to Work with Mathematical Concepts such as probability
and statistics, and fundamentals and geometry.--
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. DRAGADOS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Dragados, Visalia , Superintendent - Structures (Heavy Civil Construction), Professions , Corcoran, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...