Agricultural Food Safety Consultant
Posted on: March 11, 2023
The Global Good Agricultural Practices (G.A.P.) Consultant will
provide a turnkey approach to Global G.A.P. certification to
satisfy our growers unique requirements. GAR Bennett's Global
G.A.P. Consultant will provide onsite training with minimal
disruption of ongoing grower operations. The Consultant works
closely with grower's personnel to prepare necessary documentation,
procedures and quality systems that ensure compliance with Global
G.A.P. food safety processes and supplier requirements. In the
process, the Consultant will help growers in streamlining existing
procedures to conform to Global G.A.P. standard requirements and
help growers develop required new ones. The Consultant will help
growers to quickly overcome any certifying audit discrepancies and
work with growers to ensure preparedness for subsequent audits.Role
- Survey current and potential growers (Ranch Site Risk
- Conduct Mock Recalls to ensure all systems should an actual
- Conduct costs assessments based on production.
- Conduct or assign trainings required by Global G.A.P. including
but not limited to Hygiene training and first aid.
- Supply grower with all current and required documents.
- Conduct residue test based off their country of export.
- Conduct chemical, physical, and microbiological water analysis.
Work with appropriate GAR Bennett staff to gather data.
- Set up initial meetings with growers to establish the scope of
the audit. (Option 1 PSS Produce Handling)
- Act as the liaison between Grower and Certifying Body.
- Manage, track and organize all data related to Global
- Conduct first aid training sessions either on a one-on-one
basis or in a group setting.
- Pre-audit as a certified internal audit to conduct pre-audit as
a check list requirement.
- Evaluate audits to establish compliance with certification
- Conduct Harvest assessments along with pre-audits for the Farm
Labor Contractors (FLC).
- Conduct Certificate of Analysis (COA). Residue Water Soil and
- Analyze Grower Agrian use reports for compliance
- Audit grower record keeping ensuring compliance with announced
and surveillance Good Agricultural Practices audits.
- Assist Growers to ensure that their food safety program is
ready for re-certification audits, help pass unannounced audits and
avoid costly product recalls. Assist with Corrective Action Reports
and bring grower compliant to report demands.
- Develop new programs that will Enhance the Global G.A.P.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting
growers and make appropriate recommendations regarding
communication strategies surrounding them.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the
overall team operations.Knowledge and Experience:
- Good knowledge and understanding of all global gap related
commodities in the Central Valley region.
- Demonstrated experience in having undertaken similar exercises
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture or related field training and
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in English &
- Ethical Conduct and communication proficiency
- Take Charge Attitude
- Team Player
- GFSI Certification Global G.A.P.
- FSMA Train the Trainer Certified.
- Global GAP Version 5.0-2 Certified
- HACCP Certified
- Internal Auditing Certification
- Train the Trainer First Aid Certified
- Environmental Monitoring Certified
- Sanitizing Certified
- Relevant professional training in Global gap implementation
from a recognized institution is mandatory.
- At least 4 years working experience Global gap implementation.
About Actalent: Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our
scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and
results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve
more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact.
We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences
that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes
consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable
continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is
an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Visalia , Agricultural Food Safety Consultant, Professions , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...