Operations Site Supervisor-Fifth Standard
Company: RWE Renewables America, LLC
Posted on: January 25, 2023
RWE Renewables Americas LLC,Fifth StandardTo start as soon as
possible, Full time, PermanentPurpose of position: Supervise the
overall operations and maintenance of one solar farm and all
related facilities to assure safety and maximize availability in
accordance with Operations mission: to improve safety, increase the
knowledge and technical capability of our people, increase
production, reduce O&M costs, and to standardize processes
- Ensure the highest level of health and safety practices on the
assigned solar farm. This includes wearing and demonstrating the
proper use of essential safety equipment, including a personal fall
arrest system, as well as identifying potential hazards on the
- Pass physical fitness tests required for the company.
- Lift, carry, and transport essential equipment, tools, and
materials to job site.
- Assure operations performance targets (availability, dispatch,
power vs. solar performance, budgets, etc.) are achieved for the
assigned solar farm.
- Ensure operation and maintenance of the solar farm is in
compliance with contracted requirements and performance
- Ensure that all maintenance activities, including those
performed during scheduled outages and overhauls, are accurately
recorded and documented to identify the failure history, mean time
between failures and root causes.
- Supervise, train and motivate personnel assigned to his/her
- Prepare the annual site O&M budget and recommend capital
- Supervise the activities of the O&M Contractor to ensure
operation and maintenance of the solar farm is in compliance with
contracted requirements and performance targets.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly operations reports are
prepared and submitted on time.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory
- Interface with landowners, local and state authorities and the
general public, where required.
- Occasional travel required for training, offsite meetings, and
support of other solar farms where required.Work
- At least 7 years of work experience in operations and/or
maintenance of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic
systems, including at least 2 years in the solar industry, and
including at least 2 years in a lead or supervisor position.
- SUBSTITUTION CLAUSE: A 2 year or 4 year college degree from an
accredited school, other than correspondence or on-line, in
Business or a technical hard science (engineering, physics, power,
or closely similar) may substitute for 2 years of experience. A
current journeyman or master electrician license may substitute for
2 years of experience. A solar technician certificate program can
substitute for 1 year of experience. Each 5 years of US military
service in a technical rating may substitute for 1 year (with
- Must have an unrestricted driver license in good standing.
rwe.com/careerApply now with just a few clicks: ad code 79260We
look forward to meeting you!We value diversity and therefore
welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability,
nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs,
age or sexual orientation and identity.Of course, you can find us
on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.RWE represents change,
innovation and sustainability. As one of the world's leading
generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to
be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for
people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for
dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable
and secure energy future.RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen,
Germany, is RWE's youngest subsidiary and one of the world's
leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an
international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the
energy transition - and provide electricity for a sustainable life.
Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore
and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage.
We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core
markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.
Keywords: RWE Renewables America, LLC, Visalia , Operations Site Supervisor-Fifth Standard, Professions , Huron, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!