Company: Serpa Packaging
Posted on: May 10, 2022
As a Field Service Technician, you'll be tasked with -performing
outstanding mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repairs
on Serpa packaging equipment machinery out in the field for
customers. Electrical controls support and troubleshooting could
include -logic and motion programming. You'll utilize your skills,
passion, and determination to ensure that customer orders are
supported with outstanding service.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel to customer sites and interact with customers to discuss
equipment issues. Up to 50 to 75% travel, occasionally more.
- Read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings, layout
drawings, electrical schematics, and Bills of Material.
- Troubleshoot and perform mechanical and electrical repairs to
ensure proper operation.
- Troubleshoot and modify PLC, HMI, and servo code independently
and under direction of Engineering as needed.
- Escalate difficult technical problems by seeking timely advice
- Support established company standards relating to controls and
- Make recommendations for improving the service, reliability,
and performance of our equipment.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing as needed.
- Provide guidance to customer staff on equipment resolution as
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide hands on customer training for operator and maintenance
- When not out on field service, offer flexibility and support to
perform mechanical assembly and debugging responsibilities onsite
at company facility as assigned by Assembly and/or Debug
- Mechanical assembly and debugging responsibilities:
- Read and follow mechanical assembly drawings and schematics,
layout drawings and bills of material.
- Align, fit, assemble, connect, and install system components,
using jigs, fixtures, measuring instruments, hand tools, and power
- Adjust, repair, rework, or replace parts and assemblies to
eliminate malfunctions and to ensure proper operation. -
- Under direction, may perform some electrical repairs and
- Partner with Debugging team to assist in debugging
- Experience and solid skills with mechanical and electrical
servicing/repairing of industrial automation machinery
- Experience working with Allen Bradley equipment and software
- Experience with -PLC, HMI, and Motion Control work desired
- Ability to travel frequently within the United States or
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment independently and under
- Ability to complete work accurately and timely under minimal
- Ability to follow written and verbal
instructionsBENEFITS:Salary is only a part of a well-developed
compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than
just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base
salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life
insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings
plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no
waiting period for benefits - -you are eligible on your first day
of employment.ABOUT PRO MACH:ProMach is a family of best-in-class
packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and
geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care,
and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands
operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping,
flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end
of line. ProMach also provides Performance Services including
integrated solutions, design/build, engineering services, and
productivity software to optimize packaging line design and deliver
maximum uptime.ProMach designs, manufactures, integrates, and
supports the most sophisticated and advanced packaging solutions in
the global marketplace. Its diverse customer base, from Fortune 500
companies to smaller, privately-held businesses worldwide, depends
on reliable, flexible, technologically advanced equipment and
integrated solutions. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati,
Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout the
United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, United Arab Emirates
and China. For more information about ProMach, visit -.Pro Mach is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify to
validate employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the
United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Serpa Packaging, Visalia , Service Technician, Professions , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!