Company: Western Milling
Posted on: June 16, 2019
This in an entry-level position responsible for material movement.
This position is also responsible for ensuring material flow of
product meets organizational requirements. Strict compliance with
the facility Food Safety and Quality Management System Policies,
Procedures, and Work Instructions is required.
- Move materials as instructed by manager/supervisor. Typically
performed by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks,
forklifts, hoists, motorized conveyors or other material handling
- Unload trucks according to established safety and operating
- Load/Unload trucks and moving material from location to
location by carrying, pushing, rolling contents or operating hand
trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other material handling
- Adhere to material protection standards throughout the
- Distribute received shipments by delivering materials to
- Process paperwork to record transaction.
- Assist with inventory record maintenance by weighing materials,
measuring materials, and creating and attaching identifying
- Promptly reports any operational problems or safety issues with
machinery, tools or equipment to Lead or Supervisor.
- Use mobile bar code scanner device to process material
- Support entire team in achieving objectives.
- Use standard computer software to facilitate document
- Responsible for housekeeping of the plant area (e.g. sweeping
the floor, removing trash, cleaning the machine at the end of the
shift, preparing for next shift's production, and finalizing any
paperwork in an accurate, clear, and concise manner).
- Report any food safety issue observed to
- Report any security breaches, attempts at product tampering or
contamination, or other suspicious behavior observed to
- Complete and comply with the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS),
Daily Routine List (DRL), HACCP procedures, Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Compliance.
- Maintain a food-safe sanitary environment at all times.
- Complete records/quality checks with accuracy and attention to
- Escalate any non-conforming product/equipment/material to the
appropriate manager/supervisor immediately.
- Follow Company's quality assurance procedures and protocols at
all times while on duty (eg. Labeling of containers, Inventory
Control, PM programs).
- Promote a positive proactive environment where input from team
members is valued and encouraged.
- Provide back-up support for other roles as necessary.
- Available for overtime work on a scheduled or call-in basis, as
- Other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education
- 0-2 years of experience in a similar environment with similar
- Forklift certification.
- Knowledge relation to serial/batch numbers relating to material
Keywords: Western Milling, Visalia , Material Handler, Other , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!