Bulk Foods Clerk - Visalia - 93290
Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: May 11, 2019
Overview:Job SummarySets-up and maintains the condition of the
department according to company standards including bulk food bins
and machines (e. g., honey, peanut butter, etc.). Consistently
provides world class customer service to internal and external
customers. Ensure product quality and selection. Performs other
related work.Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Breaks down freight by moving product, placing it in inventory,
operating fork lift, etc.
- Places product in barrels and dispensers by getting the
product, moving it by cart, opening the box with a cutter, putting
product in the correct location, etc.
- Oversees the coffee area by grinding, making coffee, stocking,
- Maintains various machines (e. g., honey, peanut butter) by
loading related machine with product, cleaning machine and area,
maintaining supply of containers, etc.
- Ensures safe/secure work environment.
- Performs customer service duties (e. g., helping customers find
product, etc.) and engages in suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintains cleanliness and eye-appeal of work area, storage
area, and selling floor.
- Cleans work area by mopping, sweeping, taking out trash and
- Performs duties with honesty and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.RequirementsAbility
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied shifts between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm in a 24/7
operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) with customers to receive
orders, up sell and perform customer relation skills.
- Conduct visual inspections and read / follow guides, recipes
and product labels.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions
and weights up to approximately 20-30 lbs. frequently, and 30-50
lbs. occasionally within the range of floor level to overhead.
- Push and pull handtrucks, carts and pallet jacks containing
product of substantial weight.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist, climb ladders, turn frequently.
- Perform safe/quick movements and operate related equipment
listed below with manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand /eye coordination.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through oral and written
- Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools
and work aides.
- Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective
equipment as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.Additional
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).Machines and
- Includes such tools and equipment as knives, wrappers, scales,
trash compactors, hand trucks, pallet jacks, fork lift, card board
bailer and ladder.The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this
job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable
laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of
personnel may vary.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Visalia , Bulk Foods Clerk - Visalia - 93290, Other , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!