Dir Quality Assurance
Company: Ventura Coastal, LLC
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Job SummaryThis is a salaried role $110,000-$140,000 and an
attractive bonusLead the Ventura Coastal to place as the leading
supplier and customer choice for NFC juice, concentrate and oil
products. Develop clear goals and initiatives for food safety,
quality assurance and industry compliance. Lead and manage the
Ventura Coastal food safety and quality assurance programs serving
as the liaison with customers regarding all product safety and
quality related issues. Oversee all activities to support plant
food safety and compliance audits. Manage and ensure compliance
with domestic and international food safety laws and regulations.
Develop policies and establish audit programs to ensure GFSI
(Global Food Safety Initiative) compliance. Coordinate
specification system for both customers and suppliers. Provide
guidance to customers on their product development, specification
determination and questionnaires. Primary interface for all QA
related questions and requests from customers.What you will do in
- Responsible for CCP #1 (Pasteurization) review of documentation
and a secondary check on compliance with critical limits.
- Responsible for CCP #2 (Filtration) review of
- Responsible for CCP #3 (Tanker Inspection) review of
documentation and a secondary check on compliance with JPA
- Responsible for CCP #4 (Packaging) review of
- Lead strategic initiative to place Ventura Coastal at the
cutting edge of Citrus Quality
- Maintain and continuously improve the quality management system
within the company to consistently deliver our customers safe
product of the highest quality standards.
- Assess sustainability efforts through audit, evaluation,
developing and reporting appropriate metrics; work with all
stakeholders to identify gaps and implement solutions.
- Develop and mentor the quality management team to excel in
professionalism, agility, accuracy, and focused skills to help grow
- Establish Ventura Coastal food safety and quality standards,
documentation, etc., to be openly shared with our customer base.
Have product testing information available to customers on the web
creating a proactive, progressive and forward looking Ventura
Coastal food safety and quality assurance program.
- Establish and maintain raw material testing program to gather
data with respect to pesticide testing, compliance verification,
etc. Ensure growers and packing houses are safety compliant on all
raw materials provided to Ventura Coastal. Conduct supplier
- Analyze food safety and quality data on finished product and
ingredients to develop and initiate any corrective action
- Develop, execute and manage company policies and assign
responsibilities for implementation of food safety and quality
initiatives and ensure compliance with all new regulations.
- Monitor the following to ensure that the processing facilities
output does not impact product quality or customer satisfaction and
- Conduct annual food safety assessments of processing
- Review daily/weekly microbiological and other Q.A. analytical
- Stay current on production output that affects product
specifications, quality, yields, etc.,
- Establish and monitor monthly quality score card.
- Audit the HACCP Plan and make recommendations for
- Audits and verifies compliance of SOPs and SSOPs to all food
- Perform periodic audits of quality documentation to ensure
completeness and accuracy.
- Develops supportive relationship with plant leadership team,
suppliers and regulatory auditors to ensure product safety
initiatives are implemented throughout the company.
- Ensure that existing or developed processes comply with
customer requirements and support the SQF initiative.
- Provide technical support as needed to other departments within
- Provide guidance to operations to ensure appropriate controls
used in manufacturing and transporting of all products
- Management of all customer quality complaints.
- Manage salaried QA personnel
- Manage all interfaces with auditors.
- Initiate mock recalls to all plants and monitor
- Utilize the MRP program, Citros, which houses all the
production and quality data for the company; pull reports and gain
knowledge from evaluating the data.
- Fill out and respond back to Customers regarding their
inquiries and requests for documentation
- Investigate Customer complaints, document and follow up with
- Work as member of Production Management to drive changes
throughout the organization in regards to ever more superior
- Travel to customer facilities to understand product
requirements and specifications, quality assurance standards and
for problem resolution.
- Maintain a strong Quality receiving program to include COA's,
- Manage any regulatory agency such as FDA, Tulare County Public
Health or State agency with regards to food safety, waste
- Drive consistent and reliable results throughout the quality
- Utilize Statistical Process Control methods of looking at data
to drive improvement
- Demonstrate reliable attendance, consistent punctuality and a
positive attitude at all times.
- Act professionally towards customers, visitors, vendors and
- Act as the company's SQF practitioner in the absence of the
designated SQF practitioner.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.The Experience
you will bring to the role
- Bachelors degree in food science, chemistry or
- Minimum of 10 years experience managing food quality assurance;
preferably in the juice, dairy or beverage industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Outlook, Excel, Word,
PowerPoint is a requirement.
- Possess a strong knowledge and understanding of Quality
- Strong food safety expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated; self-starter; able to work independently with
- Must possess strong analytical ability to be able to work with
Q.A. analytical results
- Must be very accurate and detail oriented.
- The ability to organize ones thoughts, plans and proposals in
both oral and written communications is required.
- Able to interface effectively with employees at all levels of
- Must work well with others as part of a team
- Works effectively under pressure.
- Must be highly dependable.
- Must be proactive and customer service oriented.
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously. Committed to frequent
- Works independently and displays sense of urgency.
- Must solve complex problems.
- Possesses long-term and short-term planning skills as well as
good organizational skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Successful results in this position are dependent on team
involvement.The Physical Requirements of the Role
- The ability to meet flexible and changing priorities and the
ability to work under pressure is a must. Available on a 24*7 basis
as necessary to deal with any related issues.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or
hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds. The employee is not exposed to weather
conditions and noise level in the work environment is usually
- Travel between Tipton and Visalia may be required approximately
20% of the time.
Keywords: Ventura Coastal, LLC, Visalia , Dir Quality Assurance, Other , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...