Posted on: January 18, 2023
We are a busy accounting firm who specializes in Agriculture
clients offering hybrid remote. Our people have the opportunity to
work on both tax and financial statements if they so choose. We
groom our people for future leadership roles within the firm.This
Jobot Job is hosted by: Beau PenningtonAre you a fit? Easy Apply
now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 per yearA bit about us:We're
looking to hire a Semi-Senior Staff Accountant who can provide
day-to-day accounting, tax and consulting services to a variety of
industries. Focusing on agriculture, dairy, and service industry
clients is our specialty!
- Provide proactive high quality tax services to clients
- Prepare intermediate and advanced tax returns and gain
experience in various areas of taxation.
- Identify opportunities to improve the client's operations, tax
position and accounting process.
- Conduct tax research and communicate findings to
- Recognize and inform seniors, managers, and partners of
opportunities to increase and improve services provided to
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships with client
personnel and prospective clients
- Works closely with clients to advise on income tax issues and
related tax planningWhy join us?
- Exudes work/life balance for the industry
- Flexible schedules including hybrid options
- Competitive salary
- Generous health and retirement benefits/profit sharing
- Upward mobility/growth
- Work closely with the firm's partners
- Client facing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Recruiting/referral bonusesJob DetailsThe Semi-Senior Staff
Accountant is responsible for performing specifically assigned
tasks in accordance with directions furnished by the engagement
senior, manager and/or partner, as specified in the work program or
pertinent firm policies and procedures. The Semi-Senior Staff
Accountant demonstrates the technical expertise and general
knowledge of accounting systems, recognizing and resolving tax,
accounting and audit issues, recognizing and communicating
potential engagement planning opportunities, and can relate the
scope of work to engagement risk assessment and costs benefit
- Regularly inform the senior, manager, and/or partner informed
on the status of projects and any problems encountered.
- Apply basic knowledge of business functions, processes, and
- Prepare financial statements with disclosures.
- Prepare federal and state tax returns.
- Review engagements or agreed-upon procedures engagements.
- Understand transactional flow and key transition cycles.
- Customize basic audit programs.
- Develop and maintain ongoing business relationships with client
- Help clients with inquiries regarding accounting and tax
- Training of staff - both technical and software
- Other duties as assigned.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- General knowledge of FASB regulations and GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques are
- Highly motivated.
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements in addition to
completing tasks related to business development.
- Able to attain visibility and recognition within your industry
specialization and in your local market.Minimum Position
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience gained within a
public accounting firm.
- License/Certification: Certified Public Accountant license
preferred.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking
the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Visalia , Semi-Senior Accountant, Other , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!