Machinist - CNC Milling/Lathe Operators
Company: Serpa Packaging Solutions LLC
Posted on: September 16, 2022
ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands
serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food,
beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and
industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the
entire packaging spectrum: filling, bottling and capping,
decorative labeling, flexibles and trays, pharma, handling and
sterilizing, labeling and coding, robotics end of line, and systems
and integration. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio,
with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America,
Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information on ProMach
Careers, visit . Modern is a leading provider of cup and tray
filling solutions for the food, beverage, and dairy industries,
with systems capable of filling everything from dry foods to
viscous liquid products into single- and multi-serve packages.
Modern designs equipment that incorporates denesting, loading,
filling, foil/plastic lid sealing, and overcapping technologies for
cups and trays, helping customers automate the entire front end of
their packaging process with a single partner. For more than three
decades, customers have put their trust in Modern systems to aid in
feeding communities in all parts of the world. Modern is a product
brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As
part of the ProMach Filling business line, Modern helps our
packaging customers protect their reputation and grow the trust of
their consumers. ProMach is performance, and the proof is in every
package. Learn more about Modern at and more about ProMach at . JOB
DESCRIPTION: Modern Packaging is seeking talented Machinists to
operate CNC Milling and Lathe machines for their Deer Park, NY
location. Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform set-ups and manufacture the first piece.
- Read and understand specifications and drawings
- Perform first piece inspection
- Follow both verbal and written instructions to plan machine set
- Select correct tools and make necessary adjustment including
speeds and feeds.
- Produce high quality machined parts.
- Strictly follow all job safety requirements and procedures
which include machine guarding, forklift truck and hoist operation
and housekeeping requirements.
- Measure and inspect parts for quality and adherence to
specifications. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years minimum machining experience including 2 years
- Familiarity with CNC set up and running VMC machines
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Ability to communicate and have technical discussions in
- Day shift hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. M-F, 7:00 a.m. - 12
- Night shift hours are 5:00pm-4:00am M-F
- Overtime is often required
- Ability to read and interpret detailed blueprint drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to stay organized and ensure that the work area is
clean, safe and orderly.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and well as be
punctual and dependable.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to perform basic math including working with and
converting between fractions, and decimals. BENEFITS: Salary is
only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach
employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation
includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental
programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off
program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a
wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits - you are
eligible on your first day of employment. Pro Mach is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify in all states to
verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United
States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace. Experience Preferred
- 5 year(s): Manufacturing
- 5 year(s): Machining Skills Preferred
- CNC Lathe
- CNC Mill Behaviors Preferred
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
integrity Motivations Preferred
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
Keywords: Serpa Packaging Solutions LLC, Visalia , Machinist - CNC Milling/Lathe Operators, Other , Ivanhoe, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!