Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Ironwood Consulting Inc
Posted on: January 9, 2022
SummaryIronwood Consulting, Inc., a certified small business and
woman-owned environmental consulting firm based in Southern
California with staff located in Northern California, Nevada,
Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico, is seeking qualified candidates
for a Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to direct the company's
routine HR functions including hiring and interviewing staff;
administering pay, benefits, and leave; and enforcing company
policies and practices. The HR Coordinator will provide guidance to
the Ironwood management team to recruit, interview, hire, and train
new staff; provide constructive and timely employee performance
evaluations; handle discipline and termination of employees in
accordance with company policy; and help to develop, update, and
implement consistent company policies that support a diverse,
inclusive, and positive company culture. This is a new position,
and will require creation and initiation of HR programs and
About IronwoodIronwood was founded in 2008 out of a collaboration
of individual biologists who shared a similar work ethic and desire
to deliver scientifically defensible work products to help our
clients meet environmental permitting and compliance requirements.
We have a track record of completing high-quality biological
surveys and technical reports for a variety of clients, including
federal and state agencies and renewable energy companies. Our
projects are primarily focused on the renewable energy sector, and
on conservation and restoration efforts. For more information,
please visit our website at www.ironwoodbio.com.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesRecruiting and Hiring
- Partners with the management team to develop, understand, and
execute a human resource strategy as it relates to current and
future staffing needs, recruiting, retention, and succession
planning for projects.
- Supports and guides a recruiting and interviewing program;
counsels project managers on candidate selection; conducts and
analyzes exit interviews; and recommends changes to hiring and
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and
conducting orientation and training programs.
- Provides support and guidance when complex, specialized, and
sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer
and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as
providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of
wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that
provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee
performance by training managers to mentor and discipline
employees; schedules periodic performance reviews with employees;
hears and resolves employee grievances; and counsels employees and
- Maintains company operations and structure by updating the
employee handbook, job requirements, and job descriptions for all
Federal and State Labor Law Compliance
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance; understands and
helps implement labor policies for staff that live and work across
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in HR, staff management, and
employment law; enforces management guidelines by preparing,
updating, and recommending human resource policies and
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing
and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and
proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure
Ironwood attracts and retains staff; manages a pay plan by
conducting periodic pay surveys; schedules and conducts job
evaluations; prepares pay budgets; monitors and schedules
individual pay actions; and implements pay structure
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of
benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends;
recommends benefit programs to management; directs the processing
of benefit claims; obtains and evaluates benefit contract bids; and
designs and conducts educational programs on benefit programs.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, ADP reporting
interface, and related software. Experience with Ajera is
preferred, but not essential.
- Experience and proficiency with employment law in California,
Nevada, and Colorado.
- Proficiency with recruiting and hiring, HR management, benefits
administration, performance management, classifying employees,
communication processes, and compensation and wage structure.
- A desire to support a diverse staff and help to build an
inclusive company culture.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with the environmental consulting, engineering,
planning, and architecture industry.
- Experience working with remote colleagues across multiple
- To be considered, candidates must be vaccinated against
Covid-19 to comply with federal contractor requirements.
Compensation and BenefitsThis is a full-time exempt position.
Compensation commensurate with experience, ranging from $80,000 to
$95,000. Ironwood offers a competitive compensation, paid leave,
and benefits package.
The HR Coordinator may work remotely from California, Nevada, or
Colorado; or be based out of Ironwood's corporate office in
Redlands, California. Ironwood offers flexible work hours.Submit
your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Ironwood Consulting Inc, Visalia , Human Resources Coordinator, Other , Stratford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!