Why is Walmart America's leading grocery store? Our customers
tell us one of the biggest reasons is our hard-working and
happy-to-help fresh food and grocery associates. Join our food and
grocery team and you won't just keep shelves stocked, you will make
important decisions about the quality of fruit and vegetables our
customers eat and feed to their families. Work in our deli and
you'll be on the front-lines of customer service--your smile can
make the difference between a good shopping experience and a great
one. You won't just bake bread in our bakery--you'll help a family
have a great meal. You won't just decorate cakes--you'll help
customers celebrate. Work in our dry grocery department and you
will ensure customers find the items they are looking for.
No matter which fresh food or grocery area you work in, there
are similarities in all departments. These include detailed
cleaning of the shelves and department, checking and maintaining
temperature control, verifying dates, and disposing of lesser
quality food products. If you have a passion or experience with
fresh food or grocery, this is the job for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help customers find the products they are looking for
- Ensure high quality products are available in produce, deli,
bakery, dairy, meat, and other departments
- Pack ready-to-sell products in proper containers and stock
- Prepare and serve ready-to-eat food
- Assist customers in ordering cakes, fulfilling deli orders, or
finding the right produce
- Keep area clean, sanitized, and customer-ready
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better.
This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make,
from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in
between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in
shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and
hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of
millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an
impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans
for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend
on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application
for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so
please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs