Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Company: Graphic Packaging Holding Co
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The HS&E Manager is the leader of the Environmental and
Safety programs, policies and procedures for the plant. The
HS&E Manager is responsible for program design, implementation,
and ongoing management of related day-to-day activities associated
with safety, fire protection, and environmental compliance. The
HS&E Manager also leads in the management of the workers
compensation program and site security activities. They must ensure
close coordination with resources at all levels of the organization
and will interface directly with community leaders and regulatory
agencies to represent the plant. This role will lead all safety
efforts for this plant.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
- Ensure the plant complies with all applicable EHS laws and
regulations and corporate policies.
- Manage all regulatory reporting requirements, permitting
processes, and response to regulatory activities, inspections, and
- Inspects machinery, equipment, and working conditions in
industrial or other setting to ensure compliance with occupational
safety and health regulations
- Ensure all required environmental air, water, waste, stormwater
activities are scheduled, completed and properly documented and
- Support incident investigation processes, including support for
the injured employee during medical evaluations and treatment,
follow up visits, reviewing investigations, and tracking corrective
- Work with plant and local care facilities to manage health care
examinations, assessments, incident follow up and treatment
- Actively manage all facility workers compensation claims,
initiate meetings with and perform semi-annual claim reviews.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective systems and
procedures to achieve an accident and environmental incident free
- Directs, monitors, and performs accident investigations, safety
inspections and audits
- Plans and coordinates the implementation of plant safety and
health programs in support of corporate-wide safety and health
guidelines and standards in order to reduce or eliminate
occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses
- Manage safety initiative process and tracking systems,
including LIFE and critical safety inspection process.
- Drive strategic planning and tactical initiatives to identify
and develop processes for continuous improvement.
- Manage hearing conservation program for site.
- Provide visible and active leadership in delivering excellent
- Coach plant leadership to ensure HSE alignment and performance
goals are met.
- Provide support for capital project development and
- Implement systems to improve/sustain results in environmental
and safety systems.
- Ability to actively manage department HSE budget.
- Develops, updates and implements safety polices as they relate
to employee, visitor, trucker and contractors' activities while on
- Analyze, prepare and maintain mandatory/regulatory related
safety and environmental reports and records
- Directs, submits and monitors records, summaries and reporting
as required by OSHA and Corporate
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year College or
- Compensatory closely related work experience required in lieu
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional), (I.H.) Industrial Hygiene
certification, or OSHA certification a plus
- 3 years of direct safety and environmental management
experience in an industrial environment
- Must have demonstrated success in the management of Safety
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, solve
problems, and be results oriented
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee
must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may
include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual
while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding
or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, INC. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their
qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our
employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color,
sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation,
citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran
status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the
box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations
in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive
to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in
the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of,
we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications
for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on
an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity,
genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here
to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging Holding Co, Visalia , Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, Other , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!