Company: The Arora Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Currently recruiting a Physician Extender (PA/NP) in
Lemoore, California, to work at the Naval Health Clinic
Lemoore in the Deployment Health unit. The Physician Extender
(PA/NP) will provide medical care to Active Duty heroes, their
family members, and military retirees. The Physician Extender
(PA/NP) position is full-time, 8 hr shifts, Mon - Fri between
the hours of 6: 00AM - 4: 00PM. Full benefits and including 17 days
of paid vacation & sick leave, plus paid 10 federal
DUTIES OF THE PHYSICIAN EXTENDER (PA/NP):
- Provide a full range of Physician Assistant or Nurse
Practitioner services in primary medical care within the limits of
their training and privileges granted by the medical treatment
facility (e.G., supervise and provide general screening and medical
care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic
conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide
immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases
and types of injuries (i.E., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and
the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose,
prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer
the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical
personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational
lectures and participate in in-service training to staff
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual
physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both
formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and
the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee approved medications and
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to
meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and
procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish rapport with physician, nursing and others in order
to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family members healthy regimen and
responsibility for achieving wellness.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PHYSICIAN EXTENDER (PA/NP):
- Degree: Bachelor' s degree (if PA). Master' s degree in
nursing. (If NP).
- Education: For PA' s, graduate from an accredited college or
university certified by The Accreditation Review Commission on
Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). For NP' s, graduate
from an academic program, within the nursing specialty field of
study that is accredited by a regional or national nursing
accrediting agency recognized by the Accreditation Commission for
Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing
- Certification: Certified by the National Commission on
Certification of Physician s Assistants (NCCPA) for PA' s. If NP,
certified in the specialty required by the TO as a Nurse
Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC),
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the recognized
national nursing certification organization for the specialty area
of practice as appropriate (for example, National Certification
Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses, American Nurses
Association, National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric,
Gynecologic and Neonatal Specialties).
- Experience: One year of experience as a PA or NP within the
last two years.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to
practice as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in any U.S.
State, DC, or territory.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer
- Provide evidence of at least 12 contact hours of continuing
education within the preceding two years.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS OF THE PHYSICIAN EXTENDER
- Competitive salary
- 17 days paid vacation/sick leave per year
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- Dental and Vision plans
- 401(k) savings plan
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified
nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has
provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country
in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class
care and give our over healthcare professionals opportunities to
improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of
active duty servicemembers, their families, and veterans. EOE AA
Keywords: The Arora Group, Inc., Visalia , Physician Extender, Other , Lemoore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!