Extra Help Custodial Worker
Company: TULARE COUNTY HR & DEVELOPMENT
Posted on: January 12, 2021
Extra Help - Custodial Worker Salary: $13.26 - $16.16 Hourly
Current vacancies with the General Services Agency. Work locations
throughout Tulare County. Extra help employees may not work more
than 1,559 hours in any fiscal year from July to June. An extra
help employee who mistakenly works in excess of 1,559 hours in a
fiscal year does not become a probationary or regular
employee.Applications will be active for six months. If you are
hired for extra help and you complete a work assignment and then if
you wish to be employed again, you must resubmit an Extra Help
application online.There are no benefits associated with extra help
positions. Typical Duties DUTIESClean offices and restrooms. Sweep,
mop, wax, strip, vacuum, and scrub floors, stairways and halls.
Vacuum and shampoo carpets. Dust, polish and wash furniture. Clean
light fixtures, vents, walls, sinks, windows, window shades,
blinds, ashtrays, drinking fountains, and utility sinks. Empty
waste receptacles. Assist in moving and arranging furniture and
equipment and setting up rooms for special events. May make minor
non-technical repairs such as replacing lights, adjusting shades or
blinds, or adjusting desks and other furniture. Operate electrical
floor polishing machines. May sweep outside areas and sidewalks.
Check security of building before leaving, locking doors, and
turning off lights. Prepare route worksheets, time cards, and lists
of supplies needed. Keep utility storage area and custodial
equipment clean and in good order. May fuel equipment and auxiliary
tanks in a Public Works setting. Essential job duties may be
assigned that are not listed above but are relative to this job
classification. (Reasonable accommodation will be made when
requested and determined by the County to be appropriate under
applicable law.) Employment Standards MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSMinimum
qualifications are used as a guide for establishing the education,
training, experience, special skills and/or license which are
required and equivalent to the following. Knowledge of:
- Math sufficient to add working hours.
- Operation and maintenance of basic custodial equipment.
- Use proper cleaning solutions and equipment.
- Maintain custodial equipment.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Read and understand instructions in equipment maintenance
manuals and on cleaning supplies.
- Work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers and others
contacted in the course of duty.
- Observe safe work practices.
- Determine when cleaning is necessary and the proper equipment
and solutions to use.
- Accurately mix cleaning solutions
- Maintain cleaning equipment.
- Identify safety hazards Education:
- Completion of the twelfth grade. Experience:
- One year of custodial, janitorial, housekeeping, or related
building cleaning experience. License or Certificate:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain an appropriate, valid
California driver's license. Special Requirements:
- Applicants must undergo a law enforcement background
investigation and receive clearance to work within Sheriff
Department detention facilities and maintain that clearance for the
duration of employment.
Keywords: TULARE COUNTY HR & DEVELOPMENT, Visalia , Extra Help Custodial Worker, Other , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!