Senior Field Service Representative
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Eatons Engineering Service & Systems Division is seeking a
Senior Field Service Representative (FSR) to join our team. This
position is based at our Bakersfield, CA or City of Industry, CA
Eatons Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you
fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team
of filed services technicians and engineers in the industry. This
team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service
engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies
such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities
and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about
todays cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We
assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering
start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned
maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems
remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365
days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of
their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and
extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career
opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope
and responsibility within the organization.
Essential Functions & Dimensions
- Provide field service engineering and technical assistance to
customers in areas of installation, testing, startup, maintenance,
repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution
equipment; self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment;
knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment; deliver
technical solutions to customers; performs less conventional
complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or
product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research
investigations; mentor less experienced technicians; provide
- Advanced proficiency in the following:
- Test Equipment Operation
- Troubleshooting Techniques
- Protective Relays
- PQ Measurements
- Skilled proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Intermediate Protective Relays
- Advanced PQ Measurements
- Disaster Recovery
- Rotating Machinery
- Protection & Control Design
- Strong computer skills
- Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical,
electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working
with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company
interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid TWIC authorization
- Ability to complete and maintain internal safety
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted drivers
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. Its where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potentialand where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associates degree OR military experience OR experience in
manufacturing environment required
- Minimum 5 leading and managing large service engineering
projects of complex scope
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates
considered must live within 50 miles of the following Eaton
locations: City of Industry, CA or Bakersfield, CA. Active Duty
Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong organizational, project, time
and task management skills, with use of personal computers and
software systems to manage and track numerous priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer
relationships and resolve complaints.
- Demonstrates financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strength in leadership and coaching/mentoring of both field
- Knowledge and understanding of the Electrical and EESS
industry, products and solutions.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and
servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly
- Experience performing power quality measurements,
troubleshooting, and analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience with protective relays is highly desirable.
- Electrical Contractors License
- Professional Engineering License
- General Contractors License
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal
histories, consistent with local laws. To request a
disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your
job search, application or interview process, please call
412-893-3600 or send an email to:
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America US/Puerto Rico
United States-California-City Of Industry
City of Industry CA Loc
ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :109654
Keywords: Eaton, Visalia , Senior Field Service Representative, IT / Software / Systems , Stratford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!