Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: July 10, 2019
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box
you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging-Visalia manufactures and distributes paper cups
and plastic lids for the food service industry and is currently
recruiting for the following position:
Human Resources Coordinator
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position exist to provide support to the Human Resources
Department in areas such as staffing, on-boarding, temporary labor.
They understand and align business operations and Human Resources
as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and
align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
* Recruiting and Staffing
* Assist with hourly employment processes and pre-employment steps
- references, background check, and drug screen - in preparation
for completing the hiring process.
* Assist with job posting process and assist with reviewing
internal applications and works with Human Resource Generalist to
ensure proper placement of internal candidates.
* Interviews and assists in the selection of qualified candidates
to fill approved positions.
* Assist with maintaining applicant database.
* Assist new employee orientation to foster positive outlook toward
plant and company goals.
* Assist with temporary labor staffing and requisitions
* Supports company diversity and inclusion objectives, activities
and initiatives including AAP.
* Employee Relations
* Supports and assist in health and wellness, community
involvement, reward & recognition, safety, employee communication
* HR Programs and Processes
* Assist in the day-to-day administration of human resource
programs such as attendance and performance tracking,
* Complete transactions for employee changes
* Cross-train in other Human Resources roles within the
* Other Responsibilities
* Other duties as assigned to support local, divisional and
corporate-wide HR initiatives
* Successfully assist in recruitment process
* Supports company programs
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* 1 year Human Resources Coordinator/Assistant or related
experience highly desired; previous experience in a manufacturing
environment a plus
* Recruiting Experience required
* Automated Time and Attendance system experience required
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
* High School diploma or GED required
* Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, action-oriented
* Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative, team
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
* Strong computer skills in EXCEL, PowerPoint and Database
* Enterprise system skills and analytic skills
* Demonstrated knowledge / experience of federal and state
employment laws and other government compliance regulations
* General schedule is an 8-hour M-F , however, employee must be
willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include
early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing
* Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or
* Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to
* Occasional Lifting up to 25 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Sizing up People
* Problem Solving
* Drive for Results
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates
will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job
in question. We do not base our employment decision on an
employee\'s or applicant\'s race, color, sex, age, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or
disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis
prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the
EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Visalia , Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!