Human Resources Generalist I/II
Company: Graphic Packaging International
Posted on: March 7, 2019
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www. graphicpkg. com.Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.Graphic Packaging-Visalia manufactures and distributes paper cups and plastic lids for the food service industry and is currently recruiting for the following position:Human Resources Generalist I/IIMISSION / SUMMARY:This position exist to provide support to the Human Resources Department in areas such as staffing, employee relations, training/development with an emphasis on recruitment and on-boarding. They understand and align business operations and Human Resources as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Manage hourly employment offer processes and all pre-employment steps references, background check, and drug screen in preparation for completing the hiring process.
- Administers job posting process to ensure timely posting of open positions. Reviews all internal applications and works with hiring manager to ensure proper placement of internal candidates.
- Sources external qualified candidates through advertising, approved recruiters, and other recruiting sources.
- Interviews and assists in the selection of qualified candidates to fill approved positions. Coaches managers on candidate interviewing and selection. Analyzes job requirements making recommendation of final selection.
- Follows through on all resumes and applications received for open positions to ensure that proper correspondence is sent to applicants. Maintains applicant database.
- Performs new employee orientation to foster positive outlook toward plant and company goals.
- Supports company diversity and inclusion objectives, activities and initiatives including AAP.
- Employee Relations
- Supports a high performance culture and increases employee engagement
- Participates in the development and implementation of culture improvement action plans
- Develops and maintains positive employee relationships
- Supports and participates in health and wellness, community involvement, reward & recognition, safety, employee communication initiative
- Provides first level HR guidance and support to managers and employees
- Provides guidance to managers regarding recruitment and onboarding
- Effectively balances role of employee advocate with the best interests of the business
- Participates in internal investigations as appropriate
- HR Programs and Processes
- Completes day-to-day administration of human resource programs
- Complete transactions for employee changes
- Process Human Resource Information System data to HRIS team and maintain as necessary.
- Cross-train in other Human Resources roles with in the department.
- Other Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned to support local, divisional and corporate-wide HR initiatives
- Routinely audit employment law postings for accuracy and adherence to established guidelines and applicable federal and state laws.DELIVERABLES:
- Ensure monthly headcount and attendance metrics are met
- Successfully achieve time to fill goal
- Successfully completes Affirmative Action Plans
- Successfully manages recruitment process
- Supports company leave programs
- Implement systems to improve Human Resources practices and system efficiencies using data to identify areas for improvement and implementing appropriate corrective actions
- Support customers on as needed basis to develop training programs, help with communication and provide coaching techniquesBACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of Human Resources experience highly desired; previous experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Recruiting Experience requiredEDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred
- PHR certification preferredSKILLS:
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, action-oriented organization
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative, team environment
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Business acumen as relates to human resources
- Strong computer / enterprise system skills and analytic skills
- Demonstrated knowledge / experience of federal and state employment laws and other government compliance regulationsSCHEDULE DEMANDS:
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F , however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Sizing up People
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- PerseveranceGraphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging International, Visalia , Human Resources Generalist I/II, Human Resources , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!