3rd Shift Warehouse Supervisor
Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: November 10, 2019
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box
you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging-Visalia manufactures and distributes paper cups
and plastic lids for the food service industry and is currently
recruiting for the following position.
Position: 3rd Shift Warehouse Supervisor
Shift: 3rd Shift (11:30 pm -8:30 am)
This role is designed to supervise the shift operations of the
Warehouse Department at the Visalia Plant in safety, engagement,
productivity, quality, and customer service. Supervise employees on
the shift by coordinating work assignments, monitoring employee
attendance, and being a present in the assigned work areas. This
role directs and coordinates the day-to-day shift activities, by
providing leadership and supervision to approx. 27 subordinates.
They will serve as the link between direct reports and middle /
upper management. They understand and align business operations and
Distribution and Warehouse as he/she executes their role to exceed
customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural,
financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
* Direct and support activities and personal compliance in
developing a safe work environment and a fostering a culture of
* Communicate with scheduling and warehouse personnel to ensure
finished goods are available.
* Achieves productivity goals by establishing and communicating
clear goals, providing requisite resources to direct reports,
ensuring proper handling and storage, engaging the workforce and
setting appropriate priorities / monitoring progress.
* Achieves safety goals by following defined safety procedures,
encouraging involvement, following up on safety concerns, and
modeling proper safe behaviors.
* Achieve desired level of engagement by providing leadership on
the shift. This includes listening and responding to employee
issues, taking decisive actions, recognizing excellent performance,
and holding employees accountable for undesirable behaviors.
* Achieve Quality/Waste goals by ensuring all direct reports are
properly trained on their equipment, following proper material
handling procedures, performing requisite inspections, and
following up on suggested improvements.
* Effectively communicate both up and down the organization on key
issues (e.g. performance reviews, 1-on-1's, safety meetings,
overtime plans, monthly business results, etc.)
* Participates in work of subordinates to facilitate productivity
or overcome difficult aspects of work.
* Instructs subordinates in job duties or arranges for training to
* Facilitates team meetings, intervenes as necessary to keep the
team's goals and results consistent with company direction, and
works with the team members to develop their full potential.
* Initiates and conducts personnel actions such as discipline,
performance evaluations, and payroll.
* Evaluates subordinate job performance and recommends appropriate
* Administer, communicate and interpret work procedures and company
policies to subordinates
* Provides subordinates with guidance in handling difficult or
complex problems and in resolving issues or submits unsettled
disputes to management.
* Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging
International's good reputation in our relationships with
customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and
governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core
values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and
* Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* 2 years' experience in Distribution/Warehouse experience
(preferred), including Powered Industrial Truck
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* Four-year degree preferred or;
* Compensatory closely related work experience required in lieu of
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to lead a team, including train, coach, mentor, counsel,
* Computer skills with a focus on Microsoft office applications,
QAD experience (preferred)
* Strong strategic, analytical problem-solving ability (TCC/Trouble
* Ability to work independently as well as the ability to
coordinate activities with different departments
* Strong safety orientation as per job requirements
* General schedule(s) are 8-hour shifts Monday - Friday with
rotating weekends off, however, employee must be willing to work
alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings,
nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
* Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or
* Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to
* Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Drive for Result
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates
will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job
in question. We do not base our employment decision on an
employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national
origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability,
marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by
local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Visalia , 3rd Shift Warehouse Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!