3rd Shift Warehouse Supervisor
Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: March 15, 2019
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging-Visalia manufactures and distributes paper cups and plastic lids for the food service industry and is currently recruiting for the following position.
Position: 3rd Shift Warehouse Supervisor
Shift: 3rd Shift (11:30 pm -8:30 am)
This role is designed to supervise the shift operations of the Warehouse Department at the Visalia Plant in safety, engagement, productivity, quality, and customer service. Supervise employees on the shift by coordinating work assignments, monitoring employee attendance, and being a present in the assigned work areas. This role directs and coordinates the day-to-day shift activities, by providing leadership and supervision to approx. 27 subordinates. They will serve as the link between direct reports and middle / upper management. They understand and align business operations and Distribution and Warehouse as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Direct and support activities and personal compliance in developing a safe work environment and a fostering a culture of safe performance.
* Communicate with scheduling and warehouse personnel to ensure finished goods are available.
* Achieves productivity goals by establishing and communicating clear goals, providing requisite resources to direct reports, ensuring proper handling and storage, engaging the workforce and setting appropriate priorities / monitoring progress.
* Achieves safety goals by following defined safety procedures, encouraging involvement, following up on safety concerns, and modeling proper safe behaviors.
* Achieve desired level of engagement by providing leadership on the shift. This includes listening and responding to employee issues, taking decisive actions, recognizing excellent performance, and holding employees accountable for undesirable behaviors.
* Achieve Quality/Waste goals by ensuring all direct reports are properly trained on their equipment, following proper material handling procedures, performing requisite inspections, and following up on suggested improvements.
* Effectively communicate both up and down the organization on key issues (e.g. performance reviews, 1-on-1's, safety meetings, overtime plans, monthly business results, etc.)
* Participates in work of subordinates to facilitate productivity or overcome difficult aspects of work.
* Instructs subordinates in job duties or arranges for training to be provided.
* Facilitates team meetings, intervenes as necessary to keep the team's goals and results consistent with company direction, and works with the team members to develop their full potential.
* Initiates and conducts personnel actions such as discipline, performance evaluations, and payroll.
* Evaluates subordinate job performance and recommends appropriate personnel action.
* Administer, communicate and interpret work procedures and company policies to subordinates
* Provides subordinates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving issues or submits unsettled disputes to management.
* Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International's good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
* Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* 2 years' experience in Distribution/Warehouse experience (preferred), including Powered Industrial Truck
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* Four-year degree preferred or;
* Compensatory closely related work experience required in lieu of degree.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to lead a team, including train, coach, mentor, counsel, and discipline.
* Computer skills with a focus on Microsoft office applications, QAD experience (preferred)
* Strong strategic, analytical problem-solving ability (TCC/Trouble Cause Correction)
* Ability to work independently as well as the ability to coordinate activities with different departments
* Strong safety orientation as per job requirements
* General schedule(s) are 8-hour shifts Monday - Friday with rotating weekends off, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
* Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
* Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
* Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Drive for Result
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Visalia , 3rd Shift Warehouse Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!