Laboratory Operations Manager
Company: Food Safety Net Services
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Responsible for the management of daily laboratory operations
consisting primarily of the execution of microbiological and
chemical methods, including techniques, processes, quality control,
and interpretation in a commercial laboratory operating 24 hours a
day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Maintain quality and
efficiency, ensuring all laboratory day-to-day execution is
consistent and in adherence with FSNS? standard of operations for
all testing performed by maintaining a balance between laboratory
supervision and administrative duties. Effectively execute
enhancements to profitability, productivity, and efficiency
throughout the laboratory.
- Partner with Laboratory Manager to hire, train, engage,
empower, schedule labor and workflow, coach, counsel, review
performance and develop all laboratory team members in accordance
with FSNS standard of operations in a matter that promotes high
quality, integrity, teamwork and a sense of urgency.
- Achieve a high level of proficiency in all positions within the
- Participate in generating and interpreting operations budgets
and various operational reports, as needed.
- Understand and assist with proficiency, unequivocal
technical/scientific standards, employee training, quality control
processes and records in all laboratories.
- Ensure that results are accurate through management of data
traceability in LIMS system and hand written reports as well as
adherence to approved laboratory techniques. Authority to stop work
if standards are not met.
- Work with Technical Manager to ensure laboratory execution is
in compliance with FSNS Quality Management systems, ISO 17025
requirements and customer programs to include internal and external
- Address and resolve any malfunctioning equipment/facility
issues or non-compliance of supplies and reagents.
- Be proficient in the practical applications of method
validation, competitors? methods, and industry regulations.
- Independently pursue and have a working knowledge of processes,
procedures, and techniques in accordance with the FSNS written
policies and procedures.
- Periodically review and visually audit laboratory staff and
processes to ensure compliance with methods and FSNS standard
- Provide unsurpassed customer service, managing sample and
testing flow to meet customers? individual specifications and
turnaround time deadlines. Communicate directly with laboratory
client base, meeting with customers in person as necessary or as
requested by the management team. Lead on-boarding process for new
customers or testing.
- Isolate needs for any retests of client samples based on
quality control concerns or abnormal results.
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence by reading
scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being
aware of food industry issues and trends.
- Assisting with managing priorities and schedule such that
individual goals as well as team goals are achieved with encouraged
participation in the Food Safety Net Services Team
- Responsible for the safety of oneself and others working within
- Responsible for the completion of required training
- Supervision and oversight of multiple supervisors, team leaders
- Carries out all responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies, standard operating procedures, and best
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations at
- Maintain harmony in the workplace and professional business
demeanor at all times.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BS degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Technology, or
- Must have 5+ years direct experience in commercial
microbiological laboratory testing and 3+ years direct
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must have an understanding of GMPs, GLPs, and laboratory
quality assurance principles and procedures.
- Understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 preferred.
- Experience with computerized laboratory information management
systems (LIMS) preferred.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard,
mouse and to handle other communications/computer components
- Potential exposure to odors, fumes, airborne particles,
hazardous chemicals, and microbiological pathogens
- Noise level varies from quiet to loud
- Temperature varies from hot to cold
- Interactive and fast-paced team oriented tasks
- Overnight Travel may be required at the discretion of
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Keywords: Food Safety Net Services, Visalia , Laboratory Operations Manager, Healthcare , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!