Registered Nurse (RN): Kingsburg and Surrounding Area
Company: Compassionate Care Home Health and Hospice Agency
Posted on: February 9, 2024
- 401(k) matching
- Competitive salary
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Are you looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference
in people's lives?
Search no further!
Compassionate Care Home Health, Hospice, and In-Home Care has four
office locations (Fresno, Visalia, Modesto, and Bakersfield) and
services eight counties throughout the Central Valley (Stanislaus,
Mariposa, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings, and Kern) - and
we're growing fast! Our top priority is maintaining our culture of
respect and love for our patients and team, alike. Our commitment
to our core values allows us to be a provider and employer of
choice. We understand that our employees are key to providing
quality care and are our most important resource.
We actively seek career-oriented individuals, to whom we offer job
security and upward mobility when appropriate - based on merit and
performance. We proudly employ an accomplished team of
professionals and our team is as diverse as the communities we
serve, representing different ethnicities, religions, ages,
national origins, and sexual orientations.
Join us today and grow with us!
We are currently seeking to fill the Registered Nurse to service
Merced and Surrounding Areas
-Acute care experience preferred
-Compensation (negotiable, based on experience, etc).
-Opportunities to accumulate overtime.
1. Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive
assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs.
Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and
2. Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
the nursing process and as defined in the state Nurse Practice
3. Assesses and evaluates patient's status by:
A. Writing and initiating plan of care
B. Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
C. Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
4. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
5. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
6. Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the
patient and the family in the planning process.
7. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
the physician in the physician's plan of care.
8. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
9. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
10. Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and
facilitates the patient's efforts toward self-sufficiency and
optional comfort care.
11. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and
assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
1. Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical
notes regarding patient's condition and care given. Records
pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives
physicians' orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate
the care plan.
4. Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as
appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as
ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities
for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works
in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
5. Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
6. Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members
in providing continuity of care.
7. Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice
interdisciplinary group to meet the emotional needs of the patient
8. Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are available.
3. Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities
4. Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and
maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills
through attendance and participation in continuing education and
5. Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case
6. Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
1. Graduate of a National League of Nursing accredited school of
2. Current license in California and current CPR certification.
3. Registered nurses shall have a minimum of (a) one (1) year of
experience as a professional nurse within the last three (3) years
OR (b) have a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program
accredited by the National League for Nursing and a current RN
license. Minimum of two years' experience, at least one of which is
in the area of public health, home care, or hospice nursing is
4. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in
good working order.
5. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
6. Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
7. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per
8. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and
equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or
crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing
Employees and patients are equally precious to us. Your happiness
is our happiness - we offer you the following benefits for any full
- Competitive compensation
- Dynamic, fun, team-oriented work environment
- Countless growth and development opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- And so much more!
Compassionate Care was established in 2003 in Fresno County and has
grown into Central California's most trusted home health agency.
Compassionate Care provides in-home medical, rehabilitative, and
support services by seasoned professionals with comprehensive
clinical training and robust hospitality experience. In July of
2020 the organization officially began its venture into Hospice, to
vertically integrate services while always prioritizing their
patients' continuum of care. In 2023, Compassionate Care launched
its In-Home Care branch to accommodate the non-medical needs of
their patient population.
Compensation: $45.00 - $50.00 per hour
Let us show you what compassionate care truly means. We have been
serving the Central Valley community for over a decade, and each
one of our patients is a living testimony of our commitment to
providing the highest quality of care. We believe quality home
health care means helping our patients achieve their greatest level
of physical and emotional well-being.
Our licensed healthcare professionals diligently work with
physicians to develop individualized plans of care. Our
multilingual and multicultural staff include: nurses, physical
therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, social
workers, home health aides, and administrative personnel. We
constantly strive to improve the quality of life for those that we
serve by providing a patient centered approach to our care.
Keywords: Compassionate Care Home Health and Hospice Agency, Visalia , Registered Nurse (RN): Kingsburg and Surrounding Area, Healthcare , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!