Psychology Doctoral Intern, Mental Health
Posted on: March 7, 2023
Position meets all requirements for psychology doctoral
internship and follows the guidelines as set forth by California
Board of Psychology, APPIC and APA. Position is designed to provide
clinical supervision to psychology doctoral interns who have prior
experience working in a mental health setting. Internship is based
in the departments of Psychology and/or Chemical Dependency, and
serves primarily outpatient clientele. Position provides 2 hours
per week of each of the following: individual supervision; group
supervision; and didactic training. Supervision is provided by
licensed psychologists. Position is 40-hour per week, one-year,
temporary with benefits. This position ONLY pertains to the
Northern California Mental Health Training Programs. -For more
information please visit kp.org/psychtraining.
- Provide assessment and psychotherapy of adults, adolescents,
children and/or families in a brief therapy model. Conduct intake
evaluations. Provide crisis intervention as needed Co-facilitate
psychoeducational groups. Conduct program evaluation and/or
research project. Participate in community partnership projects.
-Administer and interpret psychological tests, and write reports.
Participate in regional, consortium, and departmental training
activities. Participate in departmental administrative and
educational meetings. Maintain confidential patient files/records
and information in a timely manner. Comply with regional and local
policies and procedures. Comply with APA's Code of Ethics and state
laws pertaining to the delivery of mental health services. Other
duties as assigned.
- Team-specific duties performed by doctoral interns under the
direct supervision of licensed psychologists, including but not
limited to the following: Adult Team, Child/Family Team, Chemical
Dependency, Behavioral Medicine and other possible rotations.
- Adult Team: Provide assessment and individual and group therapy
to adults in brief therapy model.
- Child/Family Team: Perform psychological evaluations of
children, adolescents and families. Provide psychotherapeutic
services to child and family populations.
- Chemical Dependency: Provide services to patients who are in
the contemplation phase, the early stages of their recovery, and
patients with long term sobriety. Provide separate and conjoined
treatments for family members.
- Behavioral Medicine: Provide services to patients whose
presenting problem is related to the treatment of a physical
problem or psychological issues arising from a medical condition.
Provide services to patients who are experiencing emotional or
stress-related problems concurrent to receiving treatment for a
medical diagnosis or physical symptom.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to re-evaluate and change job descriptions, or change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- N/A Education
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Currently enrolled in an APA accredited psychology doctoral
program leading to a PhD/PsyD/EdD in Clinical, Counseling, Health
or School Psychology by start date.
- Must participate in the national APPIC application process
prior to applying to Kaiser Permanente.License, Certification,
- N/A -Additional Requirements:
- Successful completion of practicum placements.
- Candidate has advanced to doctoral candidacy status for PhD,
PsyD, or EdD in clinical, health, school or counseling psychology
in an APA-accredited program.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in psychological assessment, diagnosis, and
treatment using standard psychotherapeutic methods.
- Experience in working with Chemical Dependency, Adult and/or
Child and Adolescent populations.
- Successful completion of practicum placements in an outpatient
mental health setting preferred. -Secondary Functions:
Hours and Days may vary.Track -
Mental Health.Primary location: 4785 N. First St, Fresno, CA
93726.Job Schedule: Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social
Services & Spiritual Care
Keywords: Kaiser, Visalia , Psychology Doctoral Intern, Mental Health, Healthcare , Laton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...