Clinical Pharmacist - Pain Management
Posted on: May 25, 2023
- Clinical Pharmacist – Pain Management Kaweah Health Medical
Center is seeking a Clinical Pharmacist to join their award winning
Pain Management service rotating between the inpatient pain consult
service and inpatient oncology unit. This pharmacist will serve as
one of three clinical pharmacy experts in the area of pain
management providing individualized patient pain regimen
consultations to inpatients at Kaweah Health Medical Center.
- Completes individualized patient pain assessments and develops
pain regimens to ensure effective pain control for acute, chronic,
break-through and neuropathic pain as consulted.
- Participates in the assessment, dosing and monitoring of
patients with pain to ensure effective pain control under the
direction of a hospital approved protocol or by physician
- Counsel patients on realistic pain goals of treatment and help
manage side-effects commonly associated with pain medications.
- Participates in the formulary process for pain-related
medications by preparing drug monographs of requested non-formulary
and/or formulary pain medications or performing medication use
- Participates in the development and implementation of policy
and procedures, order sets and/or institutional use guidelines to
promote safe and effective use of pain medications.
- Participate in interprofessional patient care with hospitalist,
palliative/hospice care and anesthesia physician consultants.
- Completes opioid stewardship review on targeted patients
receiving pain management therapy to ensure appropriateness and
intervenes as necessary.
- Teaching/precepting of PGY1 residents and UCSF pharmacy
- Completion of pain related patient care projects and
participation on multidisciplinary institutional committees for the
pharmacy department and organization.
- Documents clinical interventions on an ongoing basis to measure
the clinical and economic effectiveness of the service with formal
reporting at defined intervals. Link here to learn more about our
Pharmacy Department and Pain Management Services:
Keywords: KaweahHealth.org, Visalia , Clinical Pharmacist - Pain Management, Executive , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...