Regional Clinical Director, Psychiatry (West Coast)
Company: CHE Behavioral Health Services
Posted on: June 23, 2022
About UsCHE is a premier provider of behavioral health services
and is the partner of choice for skilled nursing and rehabilitation
facilities. CHE has been operating for over 20 years and employs
over 700 clinicians in eleven states of operations. We deliver a
unique programmatic approach to behavioral health services and are
focused on quality and compliance for facilities. Backed by a
leading private equity investment firm, we are looking for
aggressive, talented, ambitious, engaging, innovative, and
all-around balanced individual to join our team.General SummaryThe
Regional Clinical Director, Psychiatry is responsible for oversight
of clinical operations in the assigned region. The Regional
Clinical Director will use established clinical models, systems and
protocols in the planning, management and support of the services
provided within contracted facilities and in the outpatient
setting. The role supports the CHE psychiatry clinician to function
safely and efficiently, collaborating with psychology services. The
Regional Clinical Director will support employees and are leaders
in cultivating an environment, which encourages teamwork and
employee satisfaction.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison between company administration and clinical
- Support safe and effective clinical performance and
- Assures compliance with company and policies and
- Collaborates with the Talent Acquisition team on all Psychiatry
openings in territory, interviewing potential candidates for
clinical knowledge and independent practice skills.
- Oversees onboarding of new psychiatry clinicians: serving as
their mentor, providing medication calls, and performing
documentation audits with feedback.
- Assesses ongoing educational needs of clinical staff,
developing targeted educational opportunities to improve clinical
knowledge of the clinical team.
- Leads team in the psychiatry clinical review process to
identify quality of care concerns, assist in plan of care
corrections, and coordinate concerns as appropriate with CHE
- Standing member of the corporate Psychiatry Steering Committee
for psychiatric clinical program development and evaluation.
- Supports organizational and staff performance to help formulate
and implement improvement activities to assure safe, quality
patient care, in accordance with applicable regulations and
established standards of care.
- Provide compliance oversight with Psychiatry & Nurse
Practitioner collaborative agreements.
- Supports start-ups of outpatient clinical practiceOutpatient
telehealth visits may be required to support training and
orientation of new hires.
- To lead the outpatient psychiatry practice to provide safe,
effective, best in class care
- To prepare new and experienced psychiatry clinicians to
practice confidently through effective orientation, best practice
guidelines, and continuous feedback.
- To support clinicians to effectively manage caseloads,
providing collaborative and integrated care with referring
- To help clinicians problem-solve complex cases utilizing
collaborative physicians and resources available or referring to
higher level of care.Education
- MSN-Nurse Practitioner; PMNHP / Psych CNS / DNP preferred
- Psych-certified Physician AssistantExperience
- 2 years of clinician leadership experience preferred
- Outpatient telehealth experience a plus
- Experience in skilled nursing & rehabilitation a plusKnowledge
- Previous experience in management and long-term care
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and team-building skills
- Advanced organizational and time-management skills with the
ability to handle multiple assignments
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to travel, at times overnight
Keywords: CHE Behavioral Health Services, Visalia , Regional Clinical Director, Psychiatry (West Coast), Executive , Stratford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!