National Accounts Manager
Company: KYLA Hard Kombucha
Posted on: April 9, 2021
The National Accounts Manager position owns delivering sales,
distribution, and merchandising goals through the building of
partnerships with major national and regional on and off-premise
chains (retail focus). This position enhances the awareness and
preference of our brands by creating impactful relationships, data
driven insights and effective planning and programming to achieve
high profile, high volume and recurring wins. This person has a
strategic impact on the company's brand development, innovation and
program delivery, helping to hardwire the company's success in
revenue and margin contribution through effective sales and
commercial execution. You must not only be passionate about our
craft but for execution as well. Must have a passion for sales, be
a better-for- you craft beverage fan, take pride in driving new
categories, driving growth, managing mix and margin and helping our
customers and team to win.
LOCATION: California or West Coast ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
- Develop annual business plan for assigned accounts and identify
resources needed to successfully execute the plans.
- Establish relationships and maintain high level of interaction
and communication with retail chain buyers and their respective
division and district management teams.
- Identify and set distribution objectives within assigned
accounts and develop selling story and action plan to successfully
close against objectives balancing product mix and profitability at
all steps along the way.
- Partner with Marketing to create and deliver chain specific
programs that are consistent with the company's brand image and
awareness and pay a long-term return on the investment
- Effectively communicate with the brewery field sales team and
distributor network to ensure flawless execution against
schematics, mandated product authorizations, programs and hunting
- Implement, organize, execute, and evaluate promotions within
- Prepare and present quarterly or trimester reviews for
management highlighting execution against plan and current
opportunities and plans. Communicate ongoing, what's working,
what's not, wins, losses and needs to ensure success and
appropriate production planning.
- Provide leadership on category and channel opportunities.
- Develop and share best practices across the company.
- Plan and manage resources to address chain account
opportunities and assist or own driving distributor goals, plans
and reviews against POD, velocity and programming targets.
- Conduct retail account staff training as required and survey
the market to ensure distributors are tracking to execution and
- Analyze internal and external data resources to develop
fact-based presentations that support business plans.
- Time management: Effectively manage time and travel when
calling on distributors along with National & Key Account
- Developing metrics dashboards and KPIs with others to measure
our impact by channel, program and aggregate.
- Broad-based knowledge of beverage marketing, sales, and
merchandising strategies. Adult beverage sales experience strongly
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPEREINCE AND EDUCATION
- MBA and bachelor's degree is preferred or relevant combination
- 5+ years' experience selling alcoholic beverages to national
and regional on and off-premise chain accounts.
- Experience in understanding and applying insights garnered from
IRI, VIP and other like sources (e.g., Nielson, SPINS, etc.) to
position schematic, authorization, hunting, programming and program
- Demonstrated results managing complex sales, sales programs,
and portfolios of initiatives through excellent influence skills.
Demonstrated ability and proven track record in driving process,
efficiency, and growth improvements/results.
- Demonstrated network connections in the domain and
relationships with players serving it a strong preference.
- An effective manager with strong execution skills that is
entrepreneurial, astute, and has a passion for getting into the
details where appropriate to make effective decisions and drive
- A flexible and agile person that recognizes what and when 'good
enough' is and is willing to draw line in the sand to get started
with and improve upon. Able to quickly assess without complete
information and drive forward progress
- Big picture thinker, strategic, but able to distill functions
and business interactions into tactical/detailed process and
workflows in order to drive improvements and efficiency gains.
- Effective demonstration of analytical skills, change
management, and financial acumen.
- An effective and persuasive communicator with outstanding
presence, presentation and negotiation skills that constantly
strives for simplicity and clarity.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in getting things accomplished and
solving problems with a sense of urgency.
- Conduct daily business in an autonomous fashion while
maintaining a good "business sense" in regards to time constraints,
financial guidelines, and company ethics.
- Organized. Delivers projects and initiatives within budgetary
- Proficiency with business intelligence, CRM, forecasting,
dashboarding and Microsoft office tools.
- Experience with ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamix AX, SAP
Business One, Sage or others.
- Ability to travel frequently to achieve objectives.
Keywords: KYLA Hard Kombucha, Visalia , National Accounts Manager, Executive , Stratford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!