Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, Automation
Posted on: January 10, 2022
"EnerVenue is building the batteries we need for grid-scale
storage." - Forbes Launched in 2020 and now backed by $125,000,000
in Series A funding, we are quickly scaling our unique (but
well-proven) grid-scale batteries for the world's clean energy
present and future. Our metal hydrogen batteries advance technology
that has, until now, only been used in aerospace applications like
the Hubble Space Telescope and International Space Station.
EnerVenue's technology brings game-changing differentiation to the
stationary energy storage sector: unique durability, flexibility,
safety, with cradle-to-cradle environmental and full local supply
chain capabilities. Come join the clean energy revolution as part
of a category-defining company. With funding and new deals with
energy companies like Schlumberger, we want you to join our
expanding team as build a Gigafactory and put our technology to
work for customers and partners across the world. Now is the time
to join EnerVenue.
We're excited to hear from you. It's an exciting time for clean
energy, and an especially exciting moment to join us at
Position Scope:The Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Automation
reports into our growing Operations organization. This person
should be highly skilled with equipment and processes, and will
drive equipment development and improvement activities in
manufacturing then deploy solutions at our production sites. They
will be part of an operations engineering team that will develop
manufacturing solutions, support standardization of sites, deploy
BKMs and ECNs, support NPI activity, own start-ups, drive root
cause analysis etc.
- Work with equipment developers to specify, review, and
manufacture automation assembly equipment for Enervenue
- Ability to translate product architecture(drawings, models,
assemblies) to manufacturing equipment and processes taking into
account cost, cycle time, maintenance, etc.
- Interfaces with CMs, upstream suppliers, and equipment
suppliers to support investigation of product/component/material
issues or supply constraints and assists with troubleshooting
remotely and/or on-site at the manufacturing facilities.
- Execute and report complete failure analysis and root cause
- Provides engineering expertise and support to CM site
sustaining teams through onsite presence and issue solving
- Own and resolve onsite issues that are beyond the capabilities
of the local teams
- Drive the investigation of product, component, and/or material
issues or supply constraints and assist with troubleshooting
remotely and/or on-site at the manufacturing facilities.
- Analyze defect, yield, OEE, and other manufacturability issues,
then design and run experiments to improve design, process, and
- Be the engineering bridge between HQ and field sites for
information flow, fanout of ECNs, updates to equipment, NPI
- Works with site teams, CMs, and upstream suppliers to
understand assembly and finished good manufacturing processes and
acts as a technical expert to ensure repeatable and reproducible
quality/reliability during the life of the product(s).
- Develop documentation to help define manufacturing procedures
for running, maintaining, and qualifying equipment
- Implement best practices for manufacturing excellence including
developing standardized work instructions, value stream mapping,
kaizen, troubleshooting, and escalation flow charts.
- Manage installations and upgrades with local teams at CM
- 25-30% travel US and international
Skills and Experience Required:
- 7+ years of experience with high volume manufacturing and
- Expertise in automation design and assembly processes
- Experience developing automation and/or working with
- Hands on working knowledge of different types of automation,
robotics, sensors, etc. and understanding of PLC logic and
- Experience writing specifications for complex integrated
- Working knowledge of different joining methods: Tig, Mig,
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while
maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- The individual should be able to balance short-term, urgent
needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Detail orientation with a strong quality mindset. Enjoy working
in a team environment.
- The candidate should have previous experience in the following
areas: CAD/Solidworks, Design Controls, Change Control, Design for
Manufacturing and Assembly (DFM & DFA), Lean Manufacturing, Design
of Experiments (DOE), and Design/Process Failure Mode and Effects
- Good understanding of statistical methods, six sigma
methodologies, design of experiments and lean.
- Clear verbal, written, and presentation skills, and
demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business
levels and functions
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical
discipline or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.
Enervenue Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder
in our success
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Cell phone subsidy & 401k matching
- Boundless snacks and drinks#manufacturingjobs
At EnerVenue we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our
employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the
novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent
variants, all EnerVenue employees, whose job will be based in the
United States, must provide by the first day of employment original
documentation confirming full vaccination status against COVID-19
as defined by the CDC guidelines. Accommodations due to medical or
religious exemptions will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
If you have received an offer of employment you may submit a
request for a medical or religious exemption by contacting
EnerVenue's human resources department. Once reviewed, a member of
our employee relations team will reach out to you to discuss.
EnerVenue is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed
(religion), gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, military
status, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic
characteristics, marital status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: EnerVenue, Visalia , Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, Automation, Engineering , Stratford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!