Company: Adapture Renewables, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is an expert in developing, financing,
engineering, building, and operating utility-scale photovoltaic
systems. Drawing upon an extensive knowledge base, we realize
projects with speed, flexibility, and high quality. Our Engineering
team is looking for a talented Design Engineer to help support the
efforts of our fast-growing company. The position will be based in
our Oakland, California office. Adapture Renewables, Inc. is
majority owned by KIRKBI - the private holding and investment
company of the Kirk Kristiansen family founded to build a
sustainable future for the LEGO-- brand through
This position will work in our Engineering team and will primarily
focus on development stage site optimization, PV and Storage plant
designs and energy assessments.
- Support the Engineering and Business Development teams in
greenfield site assessments to perform plant optimizations to
maximize revenue and reduce LCOE.
- Optimize PV plants within the land areas using internal and
industry software such as AutoCAD, PVCase & PV Syst and other
standard industry software tools integrating an LCOE approach to
Racking, Modules, Inverters, Equipment locations and Battery
- Evaluating meteorological data from multiple sources to define
the solar resource for future and/or current solar projects.
- Design, prepare, and modify preliminary plant designs and
layouts using industry standard software while applying engineering
principles and assessment methodologies.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of constraint maps for
- Work across teams to complete tasks (Development, Finance,
Engineering, Construction, Operations & Maintenance)
- Perform tasks independently and with minimal guidance from
senior management, applying professional judgment based on one's
experience and training.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or
directed.Qualifications and Experience
Ideal candidates will have:
- 2-5 years of experience in photovoltaics within the Core
Responsibilities with exceptions made on a case-by-case basis for
candidates with alternate experience levels.
- Relevant experience working in a consulting engineer role,
developer role, or EPC role within the solar PV industry.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an
- Professional Engineering license or EIT issued by and
maintained current with the State of California.
- Experience using solar energy modeling programs such as PVsyst,
SAM, PlantPredict, Helioscope, etc.
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD & PVCase.
- High level of expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, with
emphasis on Excel.
- Highly motivated, creative, self-starter, and good team
- Must have a strong desire for problem solving and deriving
engineering solutions independently.
- Must be comfortable with and successful in a fast pace, high
- Must have proven organizational skills with the ability to
handle and lead multiple concurrent projects, track progress, and
provide updates as necessary.
- Must be committed to continuous learning, staying up to date
with the latest industry trends and methods.Benefits Package
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Attractive personal time off and company holiday package
- Work-from-home policy
- Salary commensurate with experienceNote
- Qualified candidates only. No search firms. Must have the legal
right to work in the US. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Most of the time
is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent
use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general
office equipment. Some time is spent outside of the office visiting
project sites and attending various conferences and meetings.
Adapture Renewables, Inc. is committed to equal employment
Keywords: Adapture Renewables, Inc., Visalia , Design Engineer, Engineering , Stratford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!