Commercial Loan Officer
Company: Fresno First Bank
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At Fresno First Bank, we truly believe that our people are our
greatest asset - and we treat them as such. We offer exciting and
interesting opportunities for dedicated, hard-working
professionals. If you share our values and passion for providing
clients with opportunities to achieve their aspirations and
personal success. Our Values: Teamwork: We all pitch in to provide
the high caliber service our customers deserve. We have to trust
and rely on each other to execute our work with purpose and
efficiency - however difficult the task might be. We are constantly
thinking about the next step and the next opportunity.
Relationships: Building mutually beneficial relationships is
crucial to the long-term success of our organization. By immersing
ourselves in the business ventures we empower, we come to
understand our customers as people with real human needs rather
than just numbers. Authentic: We say what we mean, and we mean what
we say. Internally that means holding each other accountable and
owning up to mistakes. It also means being straight forward with
customers. Commitment: Our pride of ownership is strong. Every day,
we bring our best in order to support our customers and represent
the bank. Employment with Fresno First Bank will allow you to earn
competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and
compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and
initiative. The Commercial Loan Officer is responsible for
soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing
of equipment, commercial building and business loans in compliance
with the Bank's lending policies and procedures; develops business
checking and deposit relationships with customers; and promotes
business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and
referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The
position of Commercial Loan Officer is responsible for assisting in
attaining established Bank goals through active participation
officer calling programs, and provides guidance and support to less
experienced loan officers and other staff members. Assures
compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all
applicable state and federal banking regulations. Job Duties
- Engages in business development activities and solicitation of
new business; actively involved in the sales environment.
- Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified
information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or
re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application
- Performs pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial
condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank
credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Gathers and analyzes all information necessary to present a
financing request to Senior Management or Loan Committee for
approval; meets with existing or potential customers; visiting
sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions.
- Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are
processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to
Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or
documentation from customers; solves problems relative to
processing and servicing of loans within his or her portfolio;
approves loan disbursements in accordance with agreements.
- Ensures that credit inquires and UCC filings are researched to
determine credit worthiness and appropriate collateral positioning
- Ensures that certification or deletion of collateral is made by
the appropriate personnel.
- Negotiates, underwrites and processes renewals of credit
- Negotiates, underwrites and processes renewals of credit
- Approves loan payments, draws from lines of credit, and fund
transfers within specified limits.
- Authorizes commitment, engagement, auction, and decline
- Contributes to the overall profitability of the branch and
region; implements costs controls, income generation, and branch
and region marketing efforts; monitors expenses to ensure
compliance with budget.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through
his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with
involved customers and employees.
- Verifies funds with mortgage companies and contractors.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of financial industry,
economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community
reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank's image and
develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and
maintaining market position in the financing arena.
- Reviews NSF and overdraft reports for customers assigned within
his or her portfolio; approves or declines such exceptions within
established lending limits.
- Provides deposit and loan account ratings.
- Cross sells the Bank's other products and services, referring
customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Updates and corresponds with legal counsel and collectors on
workouts, bankruptcies, and charge-offs to ensure all possible
precautionary actions or measures are taken.
- Directly responsible in meeting annual deposit and loan growth
goals assigned by Senior Management.
- Provides leadership and training to less experienced loan
officers and other staff members.
- Participates with Senior Management with developing, analyzing
and finalizing major and complex loan agreements with
representatives of large businesses; participates in various
internal committees assigned by Senior Management.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate
department or person, and exhibiting the necessary follow through
with customers and/or staff involved.
- Consistently applies superior decision making techniques
pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to
existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval
limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee
- Assumes responsibility for special projects; gathers data and
prepares reports for Senior Management, audits and other
- Plays a positive role in the development and growth of assigned
branch staff through excellent communication skills, both verbal
and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly
cross trained staff.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions,
problems or inquiries.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process
account activity, determine balances and resolve problems within
- Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to
proper Bank personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for various branch functions in the
absence of staff members or in overload situations.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the
trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds
organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows
respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others
on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of
harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks
correctly and on time; supports the Bank's goals and values;
benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or
safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report
potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with
occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations
and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are
applicable to one's own actions and conduct. Requirements:
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum
experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory
performance of this position. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to
perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities
may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) or equivalent from an accredited college
or university; 5 years related experience and/or training; or the
equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related
experience should consist of a financial analyzing or lending
background. Educational experience, through in-house training
sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum,
should be business or financial industry related.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in financial
statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a
combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit
analysis or related areas.
- Mastered experience, knowledge and training in all lending
activities and terminology.
- Mastered knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate and
consumer loan processing.
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal lending and
compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
- Proven ability to develop marketing and business development
skills with customers.
- Intermediate knowledge of branch operation procedures, Bank
products and services.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet
and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the
- Advanced math skills; ability to calculate interest,
commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add,
subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical
errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and
interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports,
correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets
and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing
- Current California driver's license and a vehicle with
appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course
of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
Keywords: Fresno First Bank, Visalia , Commercial Loan Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!