Experienced Auditor CPA
Company: SingerLewak LLP
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Experienced Staff Accountants have demonstrated an ability to
capably perform the functions of a staff accountant and to take on
certain more complex tasks. Semi-senior accountants are given a
wider variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under
the supervision of different professionals. Performance is judged
based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge,
and ability to meet time constraints.
1. - Records transactions in ledgers, prepares trial balances and
simple financial statements using computer software program.
2. - Reconciles accounts to control accounts.
3. - Performs schedule computations of accruals, property and
equipment, and calculates depreciation expense.
4. - Works effectively within given budgetary parameters; assist
staff in prioritizing and managing their workload. Approaches
projects with a sense of urgency and is completion orientated.
5. - Performs audit or review procedures as assigned by
6. - Prepares payroll tax, sales or other local tax and certain
personal income tax returns.
7. - Performs other accounting, auditing and tax duties as needed
in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
1. - May be given senior level responsibilities of planning and
2. - May be required to perform all phases of an engagement
including report writing.
3. - Punctually enters time and expenses to support efficient
4. - May supervise Staff accountants.
5. - Such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. - Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet
deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate
2. - Ability to reason and multi-task.
3. - Proficiency in use of computers, spreadsheet software
programs, and calculator.
4. - Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal
1. - May supervise Staff Accountants during engagements.
1. - Frequent same day travel for work at clients' offices,
meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
2. - Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at
clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle.
3. - Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy
overtime work required from January 1 to April 15, may be in excess
of 55 hours per week.
4. - Minimal Hazards. General office working conditions.
1. - Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
2. - At least two (2) years of experience in public accounting.
3. - Either hold a current and valid CPA's license, or be working
toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable
state CPA exam.
4. - Must have a valid driver's license.
1. - Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
2. - Proactively seeks knowledge, new task and
3. - Cooperative and responsive to training, supervision and
4. - Maintains appropriate compliance with all Firm wide and local
policies and procedures.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You
may be asked by Partners, Managers or peers to perform, or assist
in performing, other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated
in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job
Management has the right to revise this job description at any
time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and
either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time,
for any reason.
Keywords: SingerLewak LLP, Visalia , Experienced Auditor CPA, Accounting, Auditing , Stratford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!