Posted on: November 19, 2021
Accounting Manager - Consumer Goods - Hybrid In-Person/Remote
This Jobot Job is hosted by Corbin Prebe
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $115,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Our client is a well established consumer electronics company whose
mission it is to always be on the cutting edge of new technology
and innovates anything they touch. Looking for a experienced
Accounting Manager to join their family. So if electronics,
accounting and great culture are something you are searching for,
then APPLY NOW!
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision
- 401k plus matching
- Casual work environment
- Hybrid work environment - 3 days in office/ 2 days remote (New
hires will be 4 days in off while they are trained)
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversees and directs the accounts payable, accounts receivable
and general accounting operations.
- Reviews weekly wire payment schedules, overseas vendors' debit
notes and resolves any discrepancies with the overseas office.
- Reviews and directs the control and presentation of L/C
- Transmits daily checks to the bank ("positive pay") and is the
back-up for wire transfers.
- Reviews the monthly sales commission coding and amount
(prepared by the A/P staff using reports provided by the sales
- Directs and reviews daily cash flow and sales booking amounts
on the Accounting LAN.
- Reviews daily GL entries for bank transactions and manages the
month-end bank reconciliation.
- Approves manual checks and requests for voided checks.
- Maintains the chart of accounts / financial statement format in
the system and reviews the G/L coding policy with the company
- Maintains or manages most supporting spreadsheets / logs and
reconciles them to the general ledger accounts for month end
- Reviews the trail balance and reconcile certain GL accounts to
do the necessary re-class.
- Manages the month-end preliminary accounting closing (excludes
- Co-ordinates with IT and other related departments to solve
operational problems and establish new policies and
- Plans department goals and works with the staff to accomplish
- Supervises the accounting department's involvement in the
year-end physical count.
- Works jointly with the Controller to oversee the year-end
- Files or oversees the company sales/use tax and property tax
- Selects qualified accounting employee and ensures effective
on-the-job training/cross training.
- Maintains positive employee relations and ensures the company's
management policies and procedures are consistently practiced.
- Studies and modifies, as necessary, all procedures affecting
accounts payable, accounts receivable and works with the Controller
to do so for general accounting functions.
- Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as
directed by the Controller.
- This job description can be modified at the discretion of the
employee's immediate supervisor.
Manages accounting department employees and is responsible for the
overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work;
appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving
Job Skills And Requirements
- Sufficient knowledge, skills and ability to perform all duties
described, including strong analytical and organizational
- Bachelor's degree and five years related experience preferred,
including at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Word, Microsoft
Excel and Windows operating systems.
- Prior working experience with Oracle EBS highly desirable
- Well-developed management and administrative skills and ability
to recruit, train and motivate personnel.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Visalia , Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Stratford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!