Company: Volt Workforce Solutions
Posted on: February 16, 2020
STAFF ACCOUNTANT in Visalia, CA at VoltDate Posted: 2/11/2020Job
- Employee Type: Contingent
- Location: Visalia, CA
- Job Type: Accounting
- Duration: 0 weeks
- Date Posted: 2/11/2020
- Job ID: 218126
- Contact Name Volt Branch
- Phone 559-435-1255Job DescriptionVolt has partnered with a
growing ag company in the valley. They are looking for a dynamic
Staff Accountant!DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The following reflects
managements definition of essential functions for this job but does
not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign
or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due
to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Maintain asset lists
and files for insurance and depreciation
- Audit GL and crop specific cost centers and generate crop cost
reports. Generate annual Crop by company/Ranch/Overhead Area
- Analyze costs per pound or per acre and provide management
profit outlook for contract negotiations.
- Report on periodic variances and their causes.
- Verify, invoice and enter monthly overheads. Oversee invoicing
and entering of monthly bares, oversight for fertilizer and
chemical application costing.
- Validate Company inventory and maintain accuracy.
- Assist with banking activities including--reconcile company
bank statements, stop payments, wire transfers, credit card
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Oversee Grower Payments, changing cost centers after final
- Oversee and report rotational costing for soil additives and
- Monitors receivables to ensure credit risk is mitigated.
Implement system of verifying all A/R has been billed.
- Accumulate and apply overhead cost as required by GAAP.
- Assist with company audits (Annual, IRS, property tax,
- Assists with company strategic planning.
- Assist with maintaining accounting controls by recommending
policies and procedures
- Member of the new ERP implementation committee.
- File annual Secretary of State Domestic Stock Statements.
- Special projects and any other duties as assigned by
- Bachelors degree (B.A., B.S.)
- Two to four years related experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret economic conditions and
anticipate the impact on the organization.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with computer software
necessary to perform duties (i.e. Excel, Word, Access, and
- Microsoft Navision experience preferred.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills;
able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Contact:
email@example.com or call 559-490-0555 for additional
details.Volt is an equal opportunity employerZIP2019PIn order to
promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related
to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal
employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color,
national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including
religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or
veteran status or any other category protected by applicable
Keywords: Volt Workforce Solutions, Visalia , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!