Assistant Corporate Controller
Company: Volt Workforce Solutions
Posted on: January 11, 2020
Assistant Corporate Controller in Visalia, CA at VoltDate Posted:
- Employee Type: Direct Hire
- Location: Visalia, CA
- Job Type: Accounting
- Duration: N/A
- Date Posted: 1/3/2020
- Job ID: 208409
- Contact Name Volt Branch
- Phone 714-921-5520Job DescriptionNow Hiring: Assistant
Corporate ControllerDepartment: Accounting/FinanceReports to:
Corporate ControllerLocation: Visalia, CARapidly growing $4B
food/beverage manufacturing organization seeking an Assistant
Corporate Controller to oversee and provide leadership for the
day-to-day operations of the corporate accounting department
including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger,
inventory, fixed asset and cash management. This position
supervises the Accounts Payable Supervisor, a Corporate Financial
Accountant and Staff Accountant.
- Prepares financial statements conforming to principles of
accounting and meeting the deadlines in time for FP&A to
analyze and present to Board of Directors.
- Cash control functions including ACH and wire preparations and
- Daily banking liaison with primary banking partner
- Daily debt management and cash transfer functions.
- Intercompany cash management with subsidiaries.
- Maintains chart of accounts.
- Responsible to identify and prevent discrepancies.
- Helps to set up internal and system controls.
- Manages journal entries and reconciles accounts for monthly,
quarterly and annual closing.
- Preparation of monthly close entries, review and approval of
entries prepared by controller group and staff.
- Directly handles the annual audit performance by KPMG.
- Assists in implementation and/or upgrading of accounting system
by coordinating with, and providing support to the IT department
and software consultants.
- Consolidates quarterly financial statements, including mapping
of subsidiary COA to parent.
- Prepares financial information for bank compliance and debt
- Provides support to tax preparer.
- Gives guidelines to the accounting team on property tax and
sales and use tax management.
- Files sales and excise tax reports.
- Coordinates with producer payroll department to ensure it rolls
properly to the financials.
- Coordinates with subsidiaries on financial matters.
- Delegates accounting work to Corporate Staff and Financial
- Coordinates with Plant Controllers on plant financial
operations and month end close process.
- Other projects as necessary in support of the Corporate
- Bachelors Degree ideally with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant experience in accounting or
- Manufacturing experience
- Minimum five years supervisory experience in corporate
- Clean financial historySkills
- Exceptional written and verbal skills, including ability to
articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Conscientious about timelines and quality of work.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines in an
organized and controlled manner.
- Good GAAP and financial reporting skills.Volt is an equal
opportunity employer ZIP2019PIn order to promote this harmony in
the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt
maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity
without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin,
citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress
and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or
parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical
condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any
other category protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Volt Workforce Solutions, Visalia , Assistant Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Visalia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!